Home Beauty Tips
These lines were a great favorite of one of the most adorable beauty icons of all times-the Hollywood diva, Audrey Hepburn. The words could not be truer. Real beauty comes from within-this is one of the greatest beauty secrets of all times. However, this does not mean that we need not take care of our external beauty. From the herbal beauty remedies of the ancient times to the present times of sophisticated cosmetics and medicines, beauty products that help us stay young and beautiful have undergone sea change. Despite the modernization that beauty products have undergone, there are certain age old beauty secrets that have a timeless appeal and most important-are just as effective as they were hundreds and thousands of years ago.
Timeless Secrets For Beauty
- Rest-If you want to get a healthy glow on your face, one of the first things you need is 8 hours of undisturbed sleep every night. Our body needs rest to recover from the wear and tear it undergoes each day.
- Relaxation-You should learn to relax, to unwind, to distress. yoga and meditation are great ways to relax. Exercising regularly is also a good way to stay fit and active-regular exercise is also a great way of "de-stressing." A combination of Pilates and Yoga may be ideal if you want to have a great looking body.
- Detox- Drinking 10-12 glasses of water each day is a great way to remove the toxins from your system.
- A Balanced Diet-Green leafy vegetables, salads, nuts, dry fruits, fresh fruits, and fresh fruit juices should be included in your daily diet. A balanced diet is essential if you want to stay healthy and active. Avoid alcohol, tobacco and junk foods.
- Hair Care-Hot oil massages and turban therapy, done at least once a month, are good for your hair. Oils like olive oil, castor oil, almond oil and coconut oil are particularly good for the hair. Use a mild shampoo for your hair, and use hair care packs about 2 times in a month.
- Nail Care- Regular manicures and pedicures are essential to maintain clean and healthy nails. Make sure that you keep your nails clean and moisturized, regularly.
- Eye Care- Make sure that your eyes get enough rest. Do not over-strain them by staring for long stretches at the computer monitor or the television screen. Splash your eyes with cold water. Go for eye check-ups regularly. Use an under eye nourishing cream, regularly, to take care of the soft skin around your eyes.
- Skin Care-Maintain a strict routine of personal hygiene. Use mild soaps and skin cleansers. Moisturize your skin every day. Use face packs and body packs to rejuvenate your skin. These can be used once in 7 days or once in 15 days. A pack made of boiled oats, honey and toned milk can be used for your face as well as for your entire body. The area around the eyes should be left out-use a mixture of milk cream, almond oil and honey for the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Makeup- Do not compromise on the quality of the cosmetics you use. Ideally, avoid the use of makeup as far as possible. Do not wear makeup for long hours, and always remove all traces of makeup before you go to bed at night. If you have to use makeup-maintain a strict routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing of your skin.