five major mental techniques that he believed have important effects on the self-healing processes:
- The need for relaxation and quietude.
- Learning to focus your attention on one thing (e.g. breathing), which allows you to develop mental self-control and avoid distractions.(The above two points are achieved through meditation).
- Learning creative visualization or imagery techniques since pictures are the preferred language of the mind.
- Incorporating intent into the process, a wish for some goal to be reached and an expectation that it will.
- The evocations of strong positive emotions during the healing process.
The Technique for Self-HealingThe following is the basic mental technique:
1. Go to your alpha level of mind.
Get the Alpha audio below. This free audio will guide your mind to the relaxed alpha level, which is suitable for mental healing.
2. Visualize Your Current State of Health on Your Mental Screen.
Visualize the current condition of the body, including the ailment or pain that is bothering you. You do not need to memorize or know what each component of your body actually looks like. Simple pictures are enough to speak to your mind. A lung can be imagined as a balloon. A kidney can resemble a kidney bean. Create a representative picture of the ailment. Feel the emotions associated with this problem.
3. See Yourself Healing and Getting Better and Healthier.
Now visualize the ailment disappearing. Create, with your imagination, a system to remove the ailment.
- Kidney stones can be crushed into harmless powder that is then excreted.
- Tumors can be visualized as large black blobs, while your immune system and white blood cells are visualized as tiny soldiers attacking the tumor. On each attack the tumor shrinks.
- A sore muscle can be bathed in an imaginary healing light that alleviates the pain and restores the muscle to a healthy state.
4. Let the final picture be one of perfect health.
Feel the joy and energy of having perfect health. Imagine it to be true and already occurring. It helps to say an affirmation such as: "I have a perfectly healthy body and mind"or "My ______ is now functioning perfectly and is in a state of excellent health."
5. Let Go.
Let go and trust your body’s self-healing ability. You can now come out of the alpha level. Trust that the healing action is taking place.
Note that mental healing should not be used as a replacement for a visit to your doctor. Always consult a doctor first for serious health conditions. Mental healing is a type of complementary medicine – as the name suggests it is to be used alongside but not as a replacement for modern medicine.
No matter what type of healing you use – conventional medicine, surgery, or more holistic therapies such as acupuncture, yoga, or massage – the Silva Life system can speed and smooth the normal healing process amazingly.